- This event has passed.
VY UnPlugged Party
January 3, 2015 @ 7:30 pm - 11:00 pm$5 – $20
What do YOU do when … you finally get what you’ve been working towards for years?
… you know that the lives of your children and your community will be better because of what you have done?
… you realize how much richer your life has become by working with thousands of amazing people? You Party! That’s What You Do!
V.Y. U N – P L U G G E D
Vermont Yankee Victory Celebration
Party for a Nuclear Free New Year
7:30pm Saturday January 3rd
St. James Episcopal Church, 8 Church St. Greenfield MA*
with music and dancing by
S I M B A
the JOHN SHELDON BAND
Suggested Donation $5 – $20
* Tasty Brews from the People’s Pint! * Treats: Contributions of desserts, finger food and non-alcoholic beverages appreciated! Contact Nancy 802-380-3362 (c) or email@example.com
Dance your joy with sound by Klondike and a special no nukes light show by Harvey Schaktman. World fusion dance band SIMBA was formed 25 years ago to play on the Brattleboro Common to shut down Vermont Yankee. The group called itself “The No Nukes Band” and tho they changed the name, the message remained the same. JOHN SHELDON rocked us out at the People’s Power Party in November, and had such a blast he’s bringing his whole band along.
Smooze with old friends in the quiet Activist Alcove, where activists will be tabling. To set up a table please contact Leslie & let her know you are coming: 802-763-8459 or firstname.lastname@example.org
BIG THANKS to Lionel Delevingne, who has made a generous gift of 50 books to help defray party expenses! Visit Anna Gyorgy, who penned the introduction, in the Activist Alcove, and for a minimum donation of $10, you can take home To The Village Square: From Montegue to Fukushima www.tothevillagesquare.net/
* Diane Turco & friends from Cape Downwinders – fighting Entergy at the Pilgrim reactor in Plymouth, MA
* Leona Morgan of Dine No Nukes (abandoned uranium mines)
* Yuko Tonohiro, with messages from Japan
* Paul Gunter & Kevin Kamps from Beyond Nuclear
* Tim Judson from NIRS
* Doug Ten Rose, activist/author of “Fearless Puppy on an American Road” and “Reincarnations from Common Sense”
* Memorabilia: Tee Shirts, Lawn Signs, Bumper Stickers and Banners.
HELP MAKE IT HAPPEN
* Rides: Can you offer a ride? Do you need a ride? Contact Leo 802-275-7889 (c) or email@example.com
* Roadies: Got a strong back? We need “roadies” to help Klondike Sound haul equipment in at 4:30pm, and out at 11pm. Contact Bob 802-802-258-7750 (c) or firstname.lastname@example.org
* Clean Up Crew! You know who you are & you don’t want to party to end. Contact Leslie 802-763-8459 (c) or email@example.com