While Entergy has been busy with its lawyers penning an appeal to invalidate what little state power Murtha had left in his decision, citizens in the evacuation zone and beyond have been busy, too: busy creating community in Affinity Groups, reaching out to educate others, creating hope through art and music, and envisioning a sustainable future. Here is a handy ONE PAGE LIST OF MAJOR MARCH EVENTS, and below is just a sample of what S&G friends and allies are up to:
- 3/2 Walk Like an Egyptian Street theater for Gallery Walk! Contact Yada email@example.com
- 3/3 PowerShift Walk & Party Walk from Court Square (9:30am) in Greenfield to VY. After Party to kick off the March of Action with 3 local bands. Potluck! All welcome. 7pm, Stone Church, Brattleboro. firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3/9/12 Women Say NO to NUKES! on International Women’s Day demo/action at Vermont Yankee at 2:30 pm. Diane Wilson, Texas shrimper and activist, will speak the evening before and be at the demo/action. Poster Contact Priscilla email@example.com
- 3/10 the Sunderland Safe Energy Affinity Group is gathering at the corner of Routes 47 and 116 in Sunderland (MA), and will march to the bridge to bring attention to Sunderland’s position on the Connecticut River, directly downstream of Vt Yankee. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Red Clover Climate Justice has written an excellent overview of Entergy issues here: Red Clover report. For the 3/22 demo, they are recruiting playful satirists: “Join the Rebel Clown Army of the 1% as we parade our vision for the new “Green Economy”! … We’re looking for circus performers, bicycle trailers, floats, giant puppets, musicians & more!” redcloverCJ@gmail.com
What are you doing? Let us know …. and Sign the Pledge to Shut Down Vermont Yankee!